Skip to content
- Qualifications. Any adult who brings expertise and a desire
to serve and otherwise meets the requirements described in the RI Constitution
Article 5 is eligible to be a member of the Rotary Club of District 6400
- Method of electing members. Prospective members are first approved by the board, and then their names are broadcast to current, active members. If no member objects within 10 days, the prospective member is invited to join. Rotarians who are relocating are automatically invited to join unless they were terminated from their previous clubs for a negative reason. In addition to regular, active members, members of the club can propose individuals who have established a connection with the club as Honorary Members. Honorary membership is used to recognize people who have distinguished themselves by meritorious service and embody Rotary ideals, or those considered friends of Rotary for their support of Rotary’s causes. Honorary Members must be elected by a majority vote of active members.
- Meetings. Online board meetings are open to all members and held monthly. Online meetings are held at least bi-weekly, as determined by the club board of directors.
Members attend the meetings and events of the Rotary District 6400 Passport
Club when they are able to. They can also attend meetings and events of other
clubs, provided that they contact club leaders in advance to arrange their
visit. Members are required to attend our own club meetings online at least
once per quarter.
- Service. Members of the Rotary District 6400 Passport Club are expected to perform service in their local community or internationally each year, collaborating with other Rotary clubs whenever possible.
- RI registration. Official members of the Rotary District 6400 Passport Club pay club, district, and RI dues, and they are listed as active members in Rotary International’s records.
- Dues. Club dues for members of the Rotary District 6400 Passport Club are set annually by the club’s board of directors.
- Committees. Club
committees coordinate their efforts to achieve the club’s annual and long-term
goals. The president is an ex officio member of all committees and, as such,
has all the privileges of membership. Each committee’s chair is responsible for
the regular meetings and activities of the committee, supervises and
coordinates its work, and reports to the board on all committee activities.
- Votes and quorum. The business of this club shall be transacted
by electronic vote. Members of the Rotary District 6400 Passport Club are not
eligible to vote on items proposed by other clubs they visit.
These bylaws may be amended occasionally by an electronic vote of the club’s
members. Members must be notified of a proposed amendment at least 30 days
before the vote. More than half of the club’s members need to vote on the
amendment, and two-thirds of those who vote need to approve it in order for the
amendment to become part of the bylaws. No amendment or addition to these
bylaws that is not in harmony with the constitution and bylaws of RI can be